If you will undergo any type of surgery, you will need to take certain steps in order to ensure that your procedure goes smoothly. Doing and not doing things can help you heal quickly and most importantly, reduce the risk of any possible complication.
This is the same preparation that you have to go through before you have a breast lift. It is important that you take the time to prepare for the upcoming procedure as well as for your recovery period. Not only are you going to experience the health benefits, but your mind will also be more at ease upon knowing that you are ready for the surgery and the following weeks of healing.
Breast Lift Preparation
In breast lift preparation there are a couple of things that you need to do. Here’s what to expect from two weeks before your breast lift appointment:
- The Blood Work. This is the very first thing that you need to prepare for before your surgery. The doctors would need to make sure that your hemoglobin, electrolytes, blood clotting ability, as well as you creatinine levels are normal. There are clinics that do not offer blood work services so you might need to do it outside to the lab of your choice. You will be provided with a requisition to have this done. For women over 50 years old, you need to have an electrocardiogram to make sure that your heart is functioning normally.
- Two Weeks Prior To Surgery.
The breast lift preparation will start two weeks before your schedule. It is best to get an early start. This will help you make sure that all the necessary arrangements are done. So two weeks before your surgery, you need to arrange for someone to drive you to and from the clinic on the day of the surgery. You also need someone to stay with you for at least the next 24 hours after the procedure. Also, arrange for necessary childcare or pet care.
Aside from that, there are also necessary changes that you need to do two weeks before your surgery.
- Avoid alcoholic drinks. Alcohol thins your blood that increases bruising and prolongs healing.
- Stop smoking. Nicotine will prolong recovery and increase post-surgical complications.
- Do not take ibuprofen or aspirin. These can interfere with the normal blood clotting abilities of your body. For headaches, take Tylenol instead.
- Stop taking any herbal supplements. Those with ginkgo biloba, garlic, green tea extract, or ginseng, can negatively interact with your anesthesia.
- A Week Before Breast Lift.
One week before your breast lift procedure, it is best to cook and freeze meals in advance to prepare you for your recovery period. Also, shop for the necessary grocery items such as antibacterial soap, laxative, pick-up tool, front-buttoned shirts, comfortable nightclothes, entertainment, and lots of food. For your food during recovery, make sure that you prepare those that are low in sodium to prevent fluid retention and swelling.
Preparation before surgery is very important. This will not only ensure a fast and smooth recovery process but will also make life easier for you during the next few weeks after your breast lift procedure.